Monday, February 16, 2009

Angels and Demons

Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, the first installment in the Robert Langdon series (the second is The Da Vinci code, no less) is awesome! The writing is solid and effective, but the book really shines through the hugely entertaining and intriguing plot with it's non-stop excitement and pacing that is perfectgion. I don't particularly like the Catholic church (or relgion in general) but the Vatican is immensely interesting as is the history of the church. Secret organisations, like the Illuminati are also boundlessly intriguing. This is also true of obscure science organisations working to unlock the explanation for our existence, and creating massively powerful antimatter bombs in the process. Angels and Demons has all of these things, along with an amiable cast of characters and impressive descritpions on the Vatican and of Rome itself. The sheer amount of research that must have gone into making this book is mind boggling. I'm just over halfway through and I'm basically rationing it because I don't want it end. And so, you really should be reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment