I have to say, I'm completely in love with Lady Gaga's new single, Born This Way. It was so massively hyped online, I was half-expecting to be disappointed. But she delivered an excellent sound, with some great lyrics about diversity and all that fluffy stuff. I also like that it's probably the first number one single (#1 all over the word, it seems) that directly references gays and lesbians and even transgender people. Gaga's talk about birthing a new race of people incapable of hate, and her Grammy entrance encased in a giant egg all seems ridiculous if harmless. But I do agree with what she said in a recent interview that music doesn't always have to be sexy or deep and subtle. Sometimes feel good anthems like Born This Way are a breath of fresh air.Also, this video basically sums up why I love Lady Gaga so much. Everyone keeps ripping on her for being heavily influenced by Madonna or whatever, but Ms. Cicone would never have made this phonecall. Moreover, her songs would never have inspired such devotion from a 10 year old. Gaga's songs are accessible and she seems to genuinely care about her fans.

No comments:
Post a Comment